When travel is a lifestyle, preparing for your trip isn’t a simple matter of booking a flight, touring your destination and returning home. There are other things to consider that helps make your trip a little less stressful from worrying about life stuff. Here are some things to add to your to-do list:
- Stock your fridge. It’s nice to come home to food and not have to worry about grocery shopping when you return home.
- Take care of any bills that will come due while you are away. Online banking makes it easy to set up payments so your accounts stay up to date.
- Does anyone still get snail mail these days? If so, have your mail put on hold while you are away or have someone collect your mail until you get back.
- Set an email vacation notice to let people know you are away. If you don’t want people to know you’re travelling, then say you don’t have regular access to the internet at the moment and they can expect a reply within a few days. Of course, if you will definitely have regular and reliable internet access then nobody need know you are away.
- Leave a message on your voicemail announcing you are not available and calls will be returned within a certain timeframe. You can also leave a message instructing people to get in touch with you via text/e-mail if they require an immediate reply.