I said lunge not lunch.
Your challenge today…a lunge routine. Engage your largest muscle group (the legs, well thighs to be exact) for a kickstart to your metabolism and functional fitness. This should take about 10 minutes and when done continuously and with good form may provide a little cardio too.
- Lunge slowly (4 counts down then 4 counts up) eight times then gradually speed up (2 counts each way eight times then 1 count each way eight times). Repeat on other leg.
- Alternating lunges (step back on the right, lunge, step together then step back on the left and lunge). Do a total of 12 (six per leg).
- Lunge down while rotating torso to front leg. Do eight times then repeat on other leg.
- Do another set of alternating lunges, this time stepping forward.
- Lunge right leg back then bring right leg forward into a knee lift. Do eight times then repeat with the left leg.
- Balance on right leg then do eight one-legged lunges. Do eight times then repeat left.
- Lunge right leg back then take right leg forward as you jump on the left leg. Use your arms for momentum. Do eight times then repeat on the left.