‘Self-care’ seems to be the buzz term these days. It was preceded by ‘self-help’, a concept that has its own section in the bookstore. Self-care is something individuals do without the guidance of medical/health care professionals; it addresses their physical, mental and emotional health. The aim is to help reduce stress/anxiety and improve mood.
Here are just a few things that most people can do to benefit their overall health and well-being:
- Just say no. It’s ok to say no to participating in an activity/event without explanation or guilt.
- Schedule time to do something that you enjoy. Most of us spend a great deal of time doing things that we have to do. Balance that with doing things that you want to do.
- Indulge sensibly. Treats are nice when they are indulged in occasionally.
- A bath and/or massage can work wonders for your well-being. Water, when paired with Epsom salts and essential oils can have a therapeutic effect as does the sensation of touch.
- Don’t smoke! There are obvious and well-documented reasons why smoking is bad for your health.
Categories: Wellness, Wellness Wednesday
Wellness Wednesday sounds like a great idea! I will have to start going on some more self care photography Shoots on Wednesday. So calming!
A self care photography shoot sounds like a wonderful idea! Enjoy.