Packing light has been an evolution in my travel career. From pack muling in the South Pacific with my overloaded backpack to an underweight checked bag and compact carry on, I’ve learned that you don’t need as much as you think. Here are just a few ways to cut down on the weight in your suitcase:
- Bring a few pairs of multi-purpose shoes: cross trainers can double as workout and all-day walking shoes; funky shoes can be worn during museum visits and tours and also a night on the town.
- Pack convertible clothing: pants that are a zipper away from being shorts; that little black dress or top that can be casual or dressed up for more formal outings.
- Many devices are multi-use so only one is needed: smart phones with a decent camera, good storage space for music and an alarm/world clock.
- Bring an all-purpose liquid soap that can be used as shampoo, laundry detergent and body wash. I like Campsuds; a little goes a long way and it’s biodegradable.
- Pack only carry on sizes of your toiletries. If you run out, you can always buy a local brand or purchase supplies at the airport. Or use what’s on offer if you are staying at a hotel with some decent stuff.
Categories: Just Travel, Tips, Travel
Leave a Reply