Here are suggestions for some natural remedies to include in a standard first aid kit.
- arnica cream for pain
- aloe vera gel for burns
- calendula lotion for skin healing
- honey, both a topical and ingested form
- hand sanitizer, all natural
- rehydration salts and electrolyte solution
- bug ‘repellent’ perfume
- topical ointment for muscle pain/strain
- vitamins, a multivitamin and specific ones for particular needs
- peppermint and ginger candy for nausea
- essential oil blend to help boost immunity
- lemon juice to add to drinking water
- water purification tablets
- a mini travel kit of essential oils
You can customize your kit depending on where you travel, how long you will be there and the activities you will do. A standard first aid kit can be purchased from a pharmacy, travel health clinic or outdoor gear/camping store. Alternatively, you can make your own.