One love, one heart
let’s get together and feel alright
~lyrics for One Love by Bob Marley~
It’s finally here!
One Love Wellness Bootcamp
Develop and maintain healthy habits and make the pursuit of wellness a lifestyle.
This first instalment of One Love Wellness Bootcamp is entitled Rastasthan: culturally inspired tips for your journey to wellness.
Your to-do list for Week 1 – January 6-12, 2016
- Every morning, upon waking, perform a round of sun salutations.
- For at least 3 meals this week, eat whole grains ie wheat berries, sorghum pellets, etc. To prepare, rinse a portion of grains then soak in water overnight. Drain water and let grains sit at room temperature for several hours, until they start to sprout. You’ll see a little ‘tail’ forming. Cook according to package directions; generally boil water, add grains, lower heat then cook until done. Water to grain ratio is typically 2:1 and cooking time varies from 30-45 minutes. Serve with vegetables and a serving of protein.
- Purchase some liquid Castile soap and some good quality lavender and tea tree essential oils. In 100mL bottle, add a couple drops each of lavender and tea tree oil. Fill bottle with half Castile soap and half water; leave a little room at the top. After putting lid on, shake mixture well. Use as a shower gel and hand soap.
Commit to incorporating these tips into your daily routine to help build a wellness lifestyle.
To make a change in your health, make a change in your habits.
A few things to ponder this coming week. Consider:
- What are you proud of?
- What do you need to improve on?
- What are you grateful for?