I am on the road…
Souvenir comes from the French verb “to remember or come to mind”. When we travel we often get various momentos to help us remember our trip.
Our current destination feature is Nova Scotia and below you will find various souvenirs from his place.
Typical tourist trinkets:
- anything lobster, including live versions of the real thing
- textiles such as t-shirts and the blue Nova Scotian tartan
- food such as local wines, maple syrup and homemade-style jams
Travel tidbits worth remembering:
- Windsor Nova Scotia is considered the birthplace of ice hockey.
- Oxford Nova Scotia is called the wild blueberry capital of Canada.
- The African Nova Scotian community settled here well over 200 years ago.
2 replies »