Fresh from watching the documentary film The Ghosts in Our Machine, I was inspired to come up with a list of animal horror experiences for the vegetarian/vegan. Here are:
The Top 10 Places where a Vegetarian/Vegan Wouldn’t be Caught Dead (but the animals probably will)
- Pig hunting in the South Pacific
- Eating authentic Chinese food in China
- A boucherie in New Orleans
- Bullfighting in Spain
- Sampling local delicacies (bird’s nest soup, balut, Vietnamese snake blood cocktail, Ecuadorian cuy)
- Japanese fish market
- Rodeo at the Calgary Stampede
- Photo prop animals in Thailand
- Most aquariums and zoos worldwide
- Ringling Brothers Circus
These are in no particular order and they are all traumatizing. People, please be conscientious travellers.
“The dog is a gentleman; I hope to go to his heaven, not man’s”
Right Tourism – Responsible, Informed, Guilt-free and Humane Tourism
Weal Food – Meatless Monday: Beagle, Pigs & Cows – Oh My!